Nav Buttons

Thursday 23 August 2012

Drowning in Unreality...

Okay, so I watch movies like anyone else, I go to the cinema and watch them or watch them at home on TV, you know the usual. But whenever I watch them, I get drawn into them so much, that I then think that's my life. And I act out the movie, thinking that's my life. It is quite awful. It usually goes something like this...


So someone will recommend a movie or a TV show which they think that I should watch. So out of courtesy, I usually watch it. 

And sometimes, I get drawn into it a bit too much...



And then other stuff happens. For example, I went to go watch The Avengers the other day. And I came out of the movie theater thinking that I was a superhero! 


 I was helping friends cross the road and avoid puddles all in the name of justice! It was really quite embarrassing for them, but I was so into the part that I was oblivious to any embarrassment that it might have caused. I was having the time of my life being a superhero!


In my mind, I was an actual superhero fighting crime over-looking my safe neighborhood. Until reality strikes and I jump off the couch, all ready for taking off in flight when...


I realize that I'm not a superhero after all... and I've just bumped my head.

I also went to  go watch The Hunger Games, and the same thing happened! 

Coming out of the movie theater, I was running around, dodging "arrows", hiding in the bushes! Mind you, it was quite hilarious and fun! 


Until I realize that my shot isn't and will never be as good as Katniss' and I am not in the Hunger Games!


And my furniture gets ruined! And I now I know that I took it a bit too far... Just slightly! 


And my face is like this forever because the next day, I talk to my friend and the conversation goes like this...







No comments:

Post a Comment