Nav Buttons

Friday 18 January 2013

Money is the fruit of a dead plant

I have been thinking about money lately. Currency is such a weird convention of working with things. In the olden days, I used to be able to get a sheep for 15 chickens, sometimes I could get jam for some milk and maybe if I was really lucky, I could get a smile for a smile. 

Today, in 2013, it is a lot different. I now have to give my sheep away for a few pieces of paper? And that paper, can get me jam, milk, eggs, chickens... What makes this paper so valuable? People do. 

Happiness. Sadness. Distress. Are all emotions which can come from events which occur because of this paper. What makes it so powerful? 

I can't understand the concept of money. Why do we need it? Why can't I farm a few sheep and give them away for an airline ticket? Why do the airlines insist on the paper? 

And there isn't even a standard currency for the world. There are Pounds, Dollars (all types of Dollars... Australian, American...etc), Rands, Euros. Where has all this complications come from? And who is responsible for it? I would like to have a stern word with him! 

And to top it off. Internet banking makes it even more confusing, but that's a story for another day!


Pay me in cattle and jam any day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment